Friday, July 6, 2012

How I Would Reverse Engineer an ET Craft

If I were to reverse engineer an ET craft, I would start by modelling it in a computer. I would not waste time trying to understand it. I would push buttons, note results, make models of the structure, until my model matched what I observed. I would use scanning microscopes and put those results into my model. I would fly it and make careful observations and measurements.
I would then optimize that model. I would take this optimized result and stick it into its own library. Would I bother philosophizing about it? No, why? Would I question or say something that it did was impossible. No, why should I? Just put it into the computer.
Now, let's say my boss came to me and said, we want to use a part of this technology in another application. What would I do? I would create another computer program that would tell me how to do that. I would not hesitate, hire thousands of experts, waste billions of dollars. I would get a couple of computer programmers and a super computer.
End of story. Reality is reality. We don't know all there is to know and why should we care to build some abstraction of something anyway? Results are all we were ever after, not these mind games.
Now we know why the black projects go so slow and are so expensive. The abstraction-junkies are on a rampage...

No comments: